Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Research

Research Topic: Managing players, running a lacrosse practice


How do I climb the coaching ladder
/

How do I make myself a better lacrosse coach? (4/2)

/


Lacrossecoach.com (4/2)
    Great defensive principles.
    Read through a powerpoint about defense. From national coaches convention.

Reading through the powerpoint, I came across a few slides about the backer zone defense. (The defense we ran at my high school.) I was having the conversation with Billings on saturday about considering a backer zone defense. While it worked at Deep Run, do I have the skills to coach it up, considering the fact we are already into the game season, and not much time can be afforded to it. If it works, it is the first big success for me as a coach. This would be big, it would give me incredible amounts of confidence, and be a lift off to a successful career. If it fails, I look like an idiot, plain and simple. (4/2)

3 comments:

  1. Heres is general tips and information on the basics of becoming a better lacrosse coach
    http://www.mademan.com/mm/lacrosse-coaching-techniques.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.worldofbasketball.org/advancing-up-the-coaching-ladder.htm

    This link is about basketball. i'm not exactly sure if this is what you were looking for,but this seems to have some pretty good facts. Set goals for coaching is probably the most helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, i use to play lacrosse but i played field hockey my last two years of high school. and with any sport i think as a coach you should work on team building and bonding

    ReplyDelete